Friday 29 January 2010

Day Nine

Well things have settled into a nice routine here. No one gets out of bed until 7.45 at the earliest! (I know that Mother will be reading this thinking that I am joking, but no really, no one gets up until 7.45, honest!) We have even got Lily trained not to bother us all until we get out of bed. Then after a leisurely breakfast I can go for a stroll before my morning coffee. Today is slightly different as Chris is here and he has gone off on the train to London as he is appearing in ITV's Pop Star to Opera Star programme this evening. Its live on ITV 1 so we are gearing ourselves up to record it so that we can post it on here. The hairdresser has been and the lady that does is here at the moment. We are hoping that the handyman will turn up soon to fit the new transformer to the light in the kitchen. Super Nan keeps calling it a "motor", but I'm now bored of correcting her, so a motor it is!

It's amazing how popular one can become sometimes, I thought as it was Friday that I'd treat myself to a curry from the marvellous Radhuni in the village. Word has got out and now I've got a house full as Rach and Hannah have invited themselves round too! Cheek of it, if they think that they are getting their paws on any of my Tandoori Chingri Massala, they can think again!

Now apart from worrying about when the patio door is going to drop off its hinges, I feel I must undertake a review of the cleaning operations which take place here at HQ. A nice lady came yesterday, (Thursday) and in between talking to Super Nan and drinking tea, eating cake etc did some cleaning. Last evening I noticed that the mat from the downstairs cloakroom was draped over the chair in the hall, (I think it was put there whilst the floor was mopped) so being a good boy I replaced it on the floor in the cloakroom. Now today, we have another very nice lady taking the place by storm with the Dyson. However, whilst barking at the postman, who was trying to deliver a parcel, I notice that the same mat is again draped over the same chair not 24hours later! Whilst I admire Super Nan's efforts to keep the place "Shipshape and Bristol fashion" I am of the opinion that there is a degree of duplication taking place.

Now I am also considering a review of whether or not I over use the word "now".

I suppose it would be a bit remiss of me not to mention the plane that landed in the village the other evening. The local paper's website got a little over excited and printed a load of rubbish. Basically it was a light aircraft (Chinese Air Force trainer - a Nanchang) returning to White Waltham from Denham. Weather was a bit ugly, getting dark, pilot made PRECAUTIONARY landing (note precautionary, not emergency) in a suitable field. No one injured, no schools or hospitals crashed in to and most importantly no bunnies or puppies killed. I also love the police comment about "it possibly suffered an instrument failure"..... goodness me, its Chinese, it doesn't have any instruments!!! Well not any that would influence a decision on a precautionary landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment