Friday 22 January 2010

Day Two.... fallen at the first!

No, I'm not talking about Amy Vowles in the Golden Button Challenge, I mean the house sitters who failed to get out of bed this morning. Rumour has it that they decided that an alarm clock was not required as the howling of the cats at 6.15am was loud enough to wake anyone. Well, they stumbled out of bed at 7.45 to find that Super Gran was in the kitchen putting the kettle on and feeding the cats! Actually it turned out that the cats hadn't been fed properly yesterday morning as their sachets of food hadn't been broken up with a fork to make them easier for the cats' little teeth. Get real, these are the same cats than can rip a live rodent limb from limb in the garden, I'm sure a sachet of Kitty Kat presents no real challenge!

By the time I settled down to write this, we had just about got rid of the smell of burning martyr by furiously wafting the back door and copious amounts of air freshener!

Now turning my attention to more serious matters - the day's entertainment - racing from Catterick. I'm not going to worry about the all weather meetings. My selections are:

12.50 Shadrack
1.20 John Forbes
1.50 Sendali
2.20 Ballabriggs
2.55 Milans Man
3.30 Carrietau
4.05 Carpincho

Please remember that I am not an expert! But some people who are experts on racing are the Channel 4 racing team and here is their short item about the Golden Button Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment